Tuesday, January 12, 2010

DX492 1st post testing...About Japan Trip

Blog Testing...
Glad to be back in Seattle. Terrible Jet lag over a week now, but I think I finally fixed it. Nothing a few sleeping pills can't take care of.

This almost 4 weeks trip to Japan has really opened my mind in terms of what I want to achieve in life and my creative making. Met lots of old friends from Siggraph, but also made a bunch of new friends as well. I'm glad Janice was able to volunteer for Siggraph Yokohama, that makes it two students from UW. However the second Siggraph Asia is definitely not the best one so far. Too many language barriers between the TLs (Team leader) and the native Japanese students. Though Japan being one of the most advance society in the world, there are still a lot of English improvement to catch up. I guess I was ok because I can speak intermediate Japanese, so at least I made a lot of Japanese friends while I was working with the native Japanese students.

After Siggraph Yokohama, I went on a backpacking trip with my friend Jeremy. We both traveled seven cities (Yokohama, Tokyo, Hakone, Mt. Fuji, Kyoto, Osaka and Nara) in 8 days. We spent our X'mas in Kyoto with other international backpackers from the hostel at a club. Two nights of no sleep and 2 Redbull Vodka plus 4 Jauger Bombs was a disaster after the party, but it is well worth it. Oh ya did I mention I took a shot of Everclear. Lost my voice for two days...

After the backpacking, I returned back to Tokyo for some "business matters", basically went and did media coverages at Kouhaku music concert at NHK's Hall and comiket. Met some family friends and did New Year shoppings in Tokyo. Celebration of New year in a foreign land is definitely interesting, it is very different than in US and even in Taiwan or Hong Kong. I learned even though the celebration methods are different across the globe, but everyone is still celebrating the same thing after all despite the cultural differences.

PS. I think Kansai girls are prettier than Kantou girls.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment